What is Building Better Opportunities?
The Building Better Opportunities programme is funded by Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund (ESF) who are co-investing in local projects tackling the root causes of worklessness, promoting social inclusion and driving local jobs and growth.
Bridges is one of four projects within this programme across the Black Country and will help people across Walsall, Wolverhampton, Dudley and Sandwell move into or closer to employment by developing their skills and confidence.
Bridges is managed by the Steps to Work in partnership with organisations across the Black Country such as including Bilston Resource Centre.
What does BRC offer as part of this project?
We are working alongside the partners above to deliver the the following activities:
* advice, guidance and one-to-one support in finding and securing employment
* tailored packages of support that will help clients in their journey to work
* mentoring and confidence building sessions
* help with CVs, application forms, job search and interview skills
* Supporting speakers of other languages to improve their English at pre-entry level
If you are interested in signing up to the Bridges programme then please call today and speak with one of our colleagues. There is specific eligibility criteria that you are required to meet and you will need to bring with you the following:
* proof of identification including Passport, Birth Certificate or residency permit
* National Insurance Number
To be eligible for this project you must be over 25 and economically inactive.
For more info:
You can also contact us on 01902 353705 and request to speak with Claire Finlay or Jason Stevens.